Washington Wine Institute
Washington State Wineries State and Federal Government Advocate
The Washington Wine Institute is the vocal, active, visible advocate and champion of the Washington wine industry in Olympia and Washington D.C. We achieve this vision through a collaborative approach including partnerships that advance shared industry goals.
Every year we work side by side with state and federal lawmakers to shape legislative and regulatory policy decisions that impact the Washington wine industry. We strive to protect the industry’s needs, while promoting its tremendous growth and our work has delivered invaluable results for Washington wineries throughout the years.
As wine laws continue to change at an ever-growing rate, it’s now more important than ever that wineries stand united! Learn more about our membership benefits and join the hundreds of wineries that have chosen to have their voices heard!
- The Washington Wine Institute is working on behalf of all of us, regardless of size. As small as Betz Family Winery is, we choose to support WWI because we know they have our best interest at heart and the skills to get things done in Olympia.
- It’s great to know that WWI is watching out for my interests in Olympia. I’ve been a member for years and consider their work essential to maintaining a friendly business climate for wine sales in Washington.
- The Washington wine industry is growing at an incredible pace and, if the continuous opening of new wineries in my district is any indication, it doesn’t appear to be slowing down anytime soon. It’s imperative all the wineries in my district and across Washington have a strong, united voice. The Washington Wine Institute is that voice and an extremely effective advocate for all Washington wineries.
- The $8.6 billion Washington wine industry is a tremendous bright spot on Washington State’s economy. As this exciting and dynamic industry continues to grow, the Legislature will continue to deal with critical issues that will impact wineries across the state. It’s crucial that winery voices are heard in Olympia and I know I can count on WWI, the industry’s leading advocate, as a source of clear, accurate information when making policy that will shape market conditions for wine in our State.
- Apr 23 12:00 pmThe Walter Clore Wine and Culinary Center 2140 Wine Country Road
- Jun 18 9:00 amColumbia Winery 14030 NE 145th St
- Jun 25 9:00 amThe Walter Clore Wine and Culinary Center 2140 Wine Country Road
- Jun 25 1:00 pmAirfield Estates 560 Merlot DR
We are pleased that our two priorities bills WWI helped craft, introduce, and are pushing have already been voted out of their committees of origin. These bills are HB 1416/SB 5394, our social media/website use modernization bill, and HB 1563 adding field trip and 18-20 year old internships in winery production areas allowances to the
HB 1389 is a bill supported by the national wholesalers that would require common carriers (like UPS/FedEx and local carriers) that ship alcohol to file monthly reports with the Liquor and Cannabis Board and Department of Revenue on all details (many very sensitive) of each shipment. WWI worked aggressively with the prime sponsor, Chair of
We are excited to announce that the hard work of WineAmerica as well as the national beer and spirits associations led to the long anticipated re-introduction of the Craft Beverage Modernization and Tax Reform Act. The new bill will be known as the Craft Beverage Modernization and Tax Reform Act of 2019, or CBMTRA, and
As you can see from the photo above, the first winery location in 1989 was as simple as a building can be and still call it a building. At one time it had been the walkway between two adjoining structures that had a roof put on. We called it home for five vintages and were able
Vineyard in Grant County, WashingtonRead More
GSB’s Client Service Philosophy. As a firm, we aspire every day to provide exceptional client service as defined and judged by our clients. To accomplish that aim, we believe the whole is greater than simply the sum of its parts. We know that the experience, knowledge and counsel available from the collective group of professionals
In Olympia, we strive to protect the industry’s needs & promote its tremendous growth.